Certified Medical Assistant (CMA)- Sign on Bonus!
The Allergy, Asthma, and Sinus Center is looking for a Full-time CMA to join our team! We are looking for someone with great work ethics and focus on patient-centered care. If hired, you’ll also enjoy a $1,000 sign-on bonus!>
- Under the direction of a physician, perform general patient care as per established standards and procedures.
- Review new patient medical history and prepare for new patient appointment.
- Record patient vital signs including but not limited to, blood pressure, temperature, pulse, respiration, height, weight, drug allergies, and current medications and presenting problem.
- Collect blood samples from patients and prepare specimens for laboratory analysis.
- Maintaining clinical records/documentation.
- Answer patient calls and questions throughout the day and communicate with patient regarding test results and plan of care by phone or mail as directed by physician.
- Prepare, clean and sterilize instruments and maintain equipment; keep patient exam rooms stocked, clean and orderly; dispose of contaminated items according to protocol.
- Document patient plan(s) of care, tests and examination results in the medical record as directed by the provider.
- Provide for patient safety and protection of patient privacy rights.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor or as requested by healthcare provider(s).
- Some travel to satellite clinics required.
- Assist with front desk customer service duties including scheduling appointments, processing supplement purchases and assisting with other projects as directed.
Job Requirements / Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Current/valid Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) certification required.
- Experience with electronic medical records preferred.
- One-year Medical Assistant experience preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: West Des Moines, IA
Job Type: Full-time
Submit Your Resume
We are always looking to employ the best and brightest professionals, if that’s you submit your résumé today.